January 14, 2009

First Time Playing in the Snow

We have never let the boys go outside and in the snow before for many reasons; it takes a long time to get them ready, someone has to be outside with them, it's too cold, we don't have two pairs of boots in the same size, we don't have two pairs of snowpants in the same size, the list goes on and one. Well on Saturday I finally got around to buying another pair of boots. We dressed them all up (yes it took forever) and the girls went out and played with them outside.
The boys all dressed and ready to go outside.
Liam had a little trouble staying on his feet. He reminded me of the younger brother on "The Christmas Story" is was very cute.

Logan was very excited to go and outside and wasn't really interested in letting me take a picture. This is the best one the other ones were all blurry because he was running to the door.

The boys first experience playing in the snow.

Jed and the kids (minus Jaeden).

In the upper left is our nice neighbor across the street snowblowing the snow left by the snowplow.

On top of the snowpile at the end of the driveway. They had fun climbing up and sliding down.

The boys playing with shovels and buckets in the snow.

Snot Happens! This wasn't the only time Liam had streams of snot coming from is nose, but it was definately the worst.

Jed has been trying to convince me to buy a snowblower since we moved into our house. He had finally convinced me and then decided that buying shovels and using the manpower of the kids would save us from buying one. Why have kids if you can't put them to work.

Logan and Liam thought that shoveling was fun. Liam actually moved a little snow, Logan just had fun carrying the shovel around and trying to shovel.
Logan
&
Liam

The boys greatly enjoyed their first experience playing in the snow. They stayed out for almost an hour, only coming in after Annika came in with a very, very cold and red foot and we decided it was time for everyone to come in.

Within a few minutes of Logan coming in he quickly passed out on the coach while sitting up watching TV it was so cute. I guess he was worn out from all that playing.

One of Liam's feet got really cold because his boot kept falling off so Jed was trying to warm it up and make him feel better. Well he must have made him comfortable because he quickly got sleepy on Jed's lap.

I laid Liam down and moved Logan into a more comfortable position so they could take a little nap on the couch while everyone else enjoyed some hot chocolate. A good ending to a fun time.

4 comments:

Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...

How fun! Grace too got to go out on Saturday, she loved it! She reminded us of the Christmas story too.

lynnie said...

That snot picture is priceless. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one ready to strangle my kids. The weather has to get better so we can get out, for all of our sakes.

alicia said...

Very cute pics. The "firsts" are priceless! You should blow up that snot picture... it's funny. We finally broke down and bought a snow blower this year and now Connor wants to shovel the driveway for money all the time. He actually does a pretty good job too. BTW, You're not alone... I'm sooo ready for the kids to go back to school. I know I could never home school!!

Hall Family said...

Please pardon my lateness...I'm still catching up...But cute! I bet the boys were so excited to go out! It's funny that you should say to put the kids to work with shovels...cheaper and all that...Before we moved out there (iowa) Alan was shoveling his parents driveway for them, and Makaya wanted to help, so she took her sand shovel and pail out and started helping...it was really cute because she really thought she was HELPING dad...and I mean she really thought she was putting a dent in the big job dad had. So fun! Anyway, nice that the boys crashed too and around the same time!!! (No climbing and playing haha) Oh hot coco...how I miss you!! haha And the pic of the yucky nose...well yucky... :P hehehe