January 14, 2009

Another Snow Day

After the third round of snow in just a few days the kids, Jed & I have a snow day today. The kids haven't had a full day of school yet this week and Friday and next Monday are professional development days for the teachers which means no school for the kids again. I very much love my kids, but there is a reason I send them to school. Some time away from them makes me love them even more and prevents me from strangeling them when they get on my nerves. Luckily the older three all got invited to play at neighbors houses for a few hours and I have reclaimed my computer from them playing Webkinz. I hope all of you are warm and safe. Those of us here in eastern Iowa are looking forward to sub-zero temperatures (that's without the wind chill).

3 comments:

[S Rizzle] said...

AMEN. Wed, you have hit the nail on the head. I am dying! And I work at the frickin school!

Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...

I am ready for this to be over. I agree with you 100%, I am going a little stir crazy and I know Michael wants to go back to school. The joys of living in a place with winter.

Hall Family said...

haha Sad as it sounds, I rather enjoyed my snow days, ONLY because I didn't have to trudge out and take the bus and train four times.. (i know...invites for my pity party going out... ;) haha) but I could kind of see what you guys meant about the kids...I've gotten my routine down since she's started school...and the "down time" I set aside for myself, was almost nonexistant!